Content Harry Potter

Reviews

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 18th February 2009 2:57pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

Very good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Glad you liked it, thanks!

Lady Alchymia

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 15th February 2009 6:57pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

Oh good, I skipped past all the mercurial water stuff but do we still have Cho around? Did Harry get his snake? Where is Susan? I liked him and Susan playing piano before. I liked Harry having a talent.
Why hasn't anyone brought him his guitar or anything? Still seeing selfish people more worried about being seen right than really helping Harry, but that's me. It is so good that they are thinking about maybe having an inquisition into Harry's security measures that keep nearly killing him. Wouldn't want any one to respond too fast or anything. After all, it is just Harry...

Lady Alchymia replied:

As at the end of this chapter: Cho is still around; Harry's snake is staying at Susan's home; Harry's regrown fingertips aren't up to playing guitar strings just yet.

Tykegirl posted a comment on Thursday 8th May 2008 2:38pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

I have been steadily working my way through all the authors work on this site. Today I arrived at you. This is really very well written.

I really like Elizabeth but could live without Cho.

Keep up the good work and I will now be waiting for your updates with eager anticipation.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you kindly for your compliments!   I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

Lady Alchymia

Carol Layland posted a comment on Wednesday 30th April 2008 5:05pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

Hello, My name is Carol and I just now discovered your story. I am quite keen on HP and so I spend much of my time searching for well written and we composed stories. When I first read a story I read the whole thing in order to get the picture and story line well in my mind. After that I read and review each chapter. As I am a retired English Teacher I have to say that reading your writings is a complete pleasure. It is interesting and certainly one of the best I have read. When will you post the next chapter?

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hello Carol,

Thank you for your lovely compliments.   The next chapter isn't too far away :).

Kind regards,

Lady Alchymia

Aelita posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 6:34pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

I loved the part where Harry was teasing the healer, I was laughing hysterically! Another great chapter and I can't wait for the next update! I think the funnier the better!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Excellent!   I'm delighted you were laughing during the Psycho-Healer bits :).   I'm glad to say that there are a few fun bits coming up next chapter.

Cheers!

Lady A

morriganscrow posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 3:44pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

Lovely chapter. The emotional intensity is amazing, as is your ability to sustain it and progress the story at the same time.
Your mastery of dialogue is remarkable - each character's "voice" is so true!

Lady Alchymia replied:

You're very kind, thank you :).

I love writing dialogue--too much so LoL.   I think new writers sometimes struggle with making characters' spoken  words feel natural.    I think it helps to try to recite the words in your mind, and I have a strong feel for  the characters' speech patterns and inflections whilst I'm writing.    It's also  easy to fall into the trap of using dialogue to deliver info-dumps.   My advice, for what it's worth, is to never give a character a  line of dialogue unless *they* have a personal reason for saying it.

I'm most gratified you felt the chapter had both intensity and progress.   It's something I struggle with--ie, finding a way to get both happening at the same time--so thank you very much!

Lady Alchymia

oldman posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 3:26pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

Thank you for continuing the story. It is very sad for the reader when authors drop a story and then even after a long time don't say they have stopped. So please keep it coming. You write a multi layered plot very compellingly. I am enjoying the read a lot
Oldman

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you very much  for your kind words, I'm delighted you're enjoying the story.

Lady A

DrT posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 2:50pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

Yes, 'go Moony' indeed!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Glad   you agree :).

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 2:30pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

That was a fun chapter, if only JKR had taken the time to go into such rich details at times like this, with the characters, instead of spending so much on other things. Liz is coming across really well to Harry, and should be fun to see how things go next time. Fun to see Hermione and Ron in the roles they play, and thinking that the two of them are acting as a lot better friends than they came across in canon at times, as they seem to be maturing.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you kindly, Wonderbee!   I think JKR had plenty of detail LoL.   But I know what you mean in that it is fun to explore side-characters like Remus Lupin and various teens that never got too much chapter time in the books.   I'm pleased you're interested to see what happens with Lizzie and Harry, and writing the Trio together is always great, great  fun.

Cheers!

Lady A

Patches posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 1:13pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

This is very good. I am so glad that Remus is getting closer to being back together with Elizabeth. They need eacj other. I am so glad Harry is doing better and the occlumency is really helping already. Thanks for writing. I look forward to the next update. pms

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you very much, Patches :).

I think Remus and Elizabeth need each other, too, *smiles*.   As for the Harry's  Occlumency, it's early days, but  he's certainly feeling more in hopeful that from Snape's 'lessons'.

Cheers,

Lady Alchymia

PadyandMoony posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 12:10pm for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

Great chapter. I liked the Psycho-Healer visit being moved forward and how you changed the flow in this chapter. I was sorry to see the Great Bat story go but well, something had to go.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi there,

Story flow is something I'm working hard to improve, so thank you very much!   I'm sorry about the Great Bat story, but, as you say, some things had to go.

Many thanks!

Lady A

beauty01021 posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 11:09am for Chapter 19 — Elizabeth

yeah great chapter can't wait for more so please update again and soon.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you.