Content Harry Potter

Reviews

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 18th February 2009 4:13pm for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

Bummer, some people are soooooo dumb.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Extremely true!   They'll believe  the worst so much more easily than the best.

Lady A

martha harris posted a comment on Thursday 22nd May 2008 6:11pm for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

I read version 1, and I'm sooo glad I did because I hate waiting to see what happens!!!! love this version; I'm glad to see Harry/remus becoming close, but I missed the Remus feeling like a dad and Molly scene in this one. Go Remus/Elizabeth, and update soon!!!!!! Is there going to be a sequel? I remember seeing one before, so I hope so because I really love this story!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi Martha,

I kinda miss that proprietary-Molly scene too :).   I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Thanks kindly,

Lady A

 

Anthony May posted a comment on Wednesday 14th May 2008 11:19am for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

Oh, I love this story but it's killing me (In a good way) I can't stand when I get to the end! I need updates! Great Job, Great Chapter, Great Story and Great Author! - Erik A. Wiggins aka Anthony E. May

Lady Alchymia replied:

LOL, cheers, Erik.

abraxis posted a comment on Tuesday 13th May 2008 5:03am for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

I just discovered your stories through a friend who gave me copies of the first version of this and Psychomachia. I was very upset that you hadn't finished the series but when she said that she thought you were re-writing it, I googled you and found you again. Hurrah. I've requested notice of your updates.

I think the re-write of Petunia's part at the beginning is much better. I really couldn't connect with her having any "soft" moments about Lily or with Harry. I like the switch from piano to guitar and Harry's stumbling around learning on his own rather than being given Lily's talent and being an immediate musical genius. It's more human and "just Harry" that way - not something more that's 'abnormal' about him. I'm hoping that you are going to concentrate on his art as his 'Light Arts' talent.

Didn't miss the absence of the 'girl's bedroom' scene (except maybe one of the girls getting trapped in that fluffy bed - funny that one). Harry was losing a bit too much of his shyness there - kind of OC really.

Happy that Frank survived in all his snippy glory.LOL Really love Frank and wouldn't mind at all if he gets a lot more 'stage time' in this version. He's really a great 'voice of wisdom' both about Harry's love life and his dogmatic concentration on everything but his own health and wellbeing. I hope that Mirrabelle (sp) returns intact as well.

I also like the way you're handling the clues to Moldyshorts' hideout location. I think locating it is going to be a lot more clearly explained here than would have been possible in the original. It's also going to have a greater personal impact for Harry as well. (If anyone but you reads this, you may have a lot more requests for the original text to find out what I'm talking about. Hee Hee. Without it the clue is still totally obscure here, as it should be.)

I think that your re-write has been excellent so far and look forward to more.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi there,

Many thanks for your detailed feedback!   It's very helpful.   A lot of the things you mentioned bugged me from the first draft, too.

All of Harry's pets are great fun to write, but I must admit that Frank is my fave.  

Kind regards,

Lady Alchymia

Carol Layland posted a comment on Monday 12th May 2008 6:22pm for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

You are such a good story teller. This last chapter is wonderful. It does seem though that by this time Harry should be getting to a point that he should be entering Physical Therapy to help with the residual effects of being burned and then spending so much time in a liquid suspension to heal the burns. Some sort of drying out of the liquid metal that was in the suspension.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi Carol,

Thank you kindly for your compliments (I love it when English teachers find something of merit :) ).   Harry does dearly need some 'drying out', but that'll happen with a good dose of rest, fresh air and exercise.   (It's magic, remember.)

Cheers!

Lady A

beauty01021 posted a comment on Monday 12th May 2008 11:32am for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

yeah great chapter can't wait for more so please update again and soon.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you.

Patches posted a comment on Monday 12th May 2008 1:21am for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

Wow! Harry is having a bad time recovering. He needs to get stronger even if it means he can't astral travel as much or at all. Remus and Lizzie really need to talk turkey to each other. They keep sending mixed signals to each other and misunderstanding the others reactions! Harry can see how they feel and he started to see one of his dreams! That is pretty telling. I look forward to more of this story. pms

Lady Alchymia replied:

Harry really is having a hard time!   This is very true.   And the Lupins aren't doing much better right now.   I'm afraid things miay get worse before they get better.

Cheers,

Lady A

gadriam posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2008 7:58pm for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

*grinning widely.*
I love this story on so many levels, although i do miss some of the quirks of the 1.0.
Today, i revel in all the misunderstandings and misconceptions they all live under, as they really make me feel smart and superior. OK, i read the 1.0 so i have the inside track, but still, it's nice to feel clear-sighted and smart.

Thanks.
g

Lady Alchymia replied:

LoL   I'm delighted to  enable your revelry!   It's a lovely compliment to be re-read, and I do think of people re-reading, knowing they'll notice certain things that might have slipped under the radar on the first reading.

Kindly,

Lady A

Aelita posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2008 3:54pm for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

I love this chapter as always! I really like how Remus and Elizabeth really dont know how much each other cares. I also love how you manage to inject humor into every chapter, my favorite part was when the trio were plotting ways to spread the rumor and thought of the punchbowl bit, that had me going back and reading it three times cause I was laughing so much! I think Frank is great and what he says and sings is sooooo funny. Great job on this chapter, I Cant wait until the next update, please update soon!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you Aelita, that's most kind of you to say.   Humour is so important -- and hard! -- so I'm very glad you got a giggle from this chapter :).   And I'm glad you're enjoying the Lupins troubles.   Frank is enormous fun to write; it was such a nice journey of discovery, learning  how to create an observer character.

Kind regards,

Lady Alchymia

redjacobson posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2008 2:48pm for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

I'm enjoying this story just as much the second time around, although, I have to agree with your prior reviewer, can you please, please knock Moony and Lizzie's heads together really soon?

Also, can you please jetison the hosepipe? I really don't like Cho! I'm anxious for Harry and Susan to buy a clue, hell, I'm sure that Frank would be happy to provide a clue for the two of them.

Speaking of Frank, I'd forgotten just how much fun that goofy snake is! I think you should do an entire story about the adventures of Frank the Snake and his Boy Harry! *GRIN*

red

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks for your feedback, Red :).  

(Frank would be delighted to take top billing.)

Lady A

PadyandMoony posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2008 7:59am for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

Great chapter. It didn't change much from the original but the small changes you made were perfect.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you very much; I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Lady A

morriganscrow posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2008 6:56am for Chapter 20 — Blood Kisses

Can I bash their heads together?
Please?
Pretty please??

Lady Alchymia replied:

Be my guest!