Content Harry Potter

Reviews

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 15th February 2009 11:40pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

Boy, these poor dears can't read a prophesy any better than Bumbles. Idiots.
Remember the first rule of prophesies: Don't pay any attention to them.

Lady Alchymia replied:

It's true that knowing the future tends to mess things up.

martha harris posted a comment on Saturday 6th September 2008 8:28am for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

Hi,
I loved the ending. I liked the first version for the many scenes and details, but this one flows better. Do you know chapter one is missing, and chapter 27 is listed as chapter 1? When do you think the sequel will be up; maybe this year, or will it take a long time to write?

Wonderful story!!!! :)

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi Martha,

I'm very glad you enjoyed Awakenings, thank you!   And thanks for the heads-up on the missing chapter (now fixed!).

I made a great many mistakes when I  posted Awakeings in (er, 2005?), but the most fundamental error was to post first draft material.   I didn't know at the time  it was first draft material (it didn't occur to me that there were such things as first, second, third drafts etc), or that first draft  is the custom with fanfiction, I was just having fun writing whatever scenes took my fancy and that complemented  the basic plot.    Which is what most fanfic  writers do, I imagine; Rowling has such a great universe to play in.   I want to be a bit smarter with the sequel, and quell some of my meandering ways.   In terms of when you'll see it ... I get a couple of hours a week to write (usually early on weekend  mornings when the house is still), but I must confess I've been doing more original fiction than fanfiction in the last few years.    Realistically, given the few hours here and there  I can spare for it, I imagine it'll take a year or more to write Psychomachia.   But I definitely do want to finish it, not least because it is one story I'm working on that will actually be  read :).

Best wishes,

Lady Alchymia

brad posted a comment on Sunday 20th July 2008 12:51am for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

Enjoyable chapter as always, and upbeat as well, smug kneazle with tail 'high in the air' and all :-)

It took me hours to get the image of Ron and his Donald Duck floatie out of my head. I just thought you'd like to know that.

Had to laugh at your portrayal of the meeting between Ron and Natalie, 'curves' and Donald equally endearing to the other. Thataboy Ron! Leave Hermione available! :-) Setting things up for that wonderful wolfsbane brewing session at Hogwarts.

The bit about Voldemort *legilimising* Harry at the Ministry, and not 'possessing' him via other, more evil means, seems new to me?

Very touching scene with the wolf and Harry as Harry kept watch over him. You really got the two very close in this Part 1.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi Brad,

Sorry about Donald LoL.

Ah, now the bit about Voldemort refers to the initial appearance of him in the Ministry and the affect his presence had on Harry.   That passage in OOTP is open to interpretation, of course, but my reading of it is that Voldemort didn't possess Harry until later, after his duel with Dumbledore.   At that point, Voldemort 'disappears from the hall' and Dumbledore looks really  scared for the first time, looking around frantically, trying to see him,  and only then Harry is fully possessed.   My take is that Voldemort Apparated his body to safety then returned in astral form to possess Harry.   Whereas back at the beginning of the passage, when Harry and Lestrange are yelling at each other, Harry's scar suddenly goes nuts and, whilst immobilised, hears Voldemort say to Lestrange that Harry is telling the truth about the prophecy being smashed 'I can see it in his worthless mind' (or something like that).   And during this time, Harry remains frozen in agony, unable to speak or tear his eyes from Voldemort until Dumbledore distracts him.   Anyway, in my story,  when Remus is analysing Harry's dream about him feeling powerless and unable to move, and Harry recounts his encounter in the Ministry (that he 'couldn't even move' in Voldemort's presence), they deduce that Voldemort had been holding him under a mind-reading charm.

I'm glad you liked the wolf and Harry.   I really love writing Harry and Remus (in whatever forms they take :) ).

Cheers!

Lady A

Erin Sutherland posted a comment on Monday 14th July 2008 1:56pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

Wow, is this the Green Tablet? I've been looking for this stuff for ages!!! Still as good as I remembered!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you kindly, Erin!   The Emerald Tablet is the overall title for  my two separate but related stories Awakenings (summer after Y5) and Psychomachia (school year Y6).   I'm glad you found me again *smiles*.

Kind regards,

Lady Alchymia

Mesterio posted a comment on Wednesday 9th July 2008 1:25pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

I was wondering if Harry would eventually tell anyone about his sleeping wanderings...

Lady Alchymia replied:

Ah, well, in terms of who knows what: Cho & Neville know that Harry has the ability to possess people.   Both of them believe that it derives from  Harry's time in the bath.   Neither of them really know whether it's a permanent ability.   Harry also confessed to Remus about Kreacher, but he  (Remus) has been thinking of it as a worrying but random event.   (Not even Harry is really sure what was happening to him that last time with Kreacher and Megaera.)   As for any future wanderings, you shall have to wait and see where Harry's curiosity takes him *smiles*.

jakjakattk posted a comment on Tuesday 8th July 2008 7:48pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

it took a while to get to where I could read this. You have done a great job on this chapter. I have all kinds of ideas of where it is going to go next. I can't wait for the next chapter, because I hope that harry will sit down with his family and explain the prophecy.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you very much indeed!   I like that you think of Harry as being with his family with the Lupins :).

Cheers!

Lady Alchymia

wwwendy posted a comment on Sunday 6th July 2008 9:01pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

YEAH! I hope Harry's interpretation is correct. I thought that he might be 'the son'.

hmm, was the fact that she was poisoned shen she was experimenting with the wolfsbane potion for Remus count?

oh, I so want them to have a happy ending.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hello there,

You'll be finding out more soon :).

Cheers,

Lady A

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 5th July 2008 8:10pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

This is really good. I really enjoyed the way that Harry and Natalie worked together to get Elizabeth and Remus back together. It looks like Ron is really getting involved with Natalie. What will happen when she goes back to Canada and Ron goes back to Hogwarts where Hermione is? I'm so glad that Harry was able to take care of Remus. I hope Harry's interpretation of the prophesy is right. It would sure relieve Remus and Elizabeth minds about having children. I thought the extendable ear scene with Remus was great. Can the wolf sense and even see Harry's soul when he does Astral Travel? I look forward to more of this story. pms

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi there,

I'm glad you enjoyed the teen cupids' machinations :).   Natalie is definitely going home to Canada, but we haven't seen the last of her.   Ron isn't too sure what he wants right now -- or perhaps I should say he's just not thinking too far ahead.   And I'm glad you liked the Extendible Ears -- those Weasley twins are just full of good ideas.   The wolf can sense but not see Harry's soul, and  Remus can too (to a lesser extent).   Whilst Harry was in the hospital, Remus didn't really notice Harry drifting  off whilst in the bath because, at that stage, Harry wasn't conjuring a full corporeal astral  body (he didn't start doing that until a few days later), and Remus wasn't generally in the room watching Harry sleep by then.    The first time Remus felt something unsettling was when Harry went completely nuts when he first heard the request from Dumbldore that he help  Snape take credit for trying to kill him.   At that time, Harry's emotions were so extreme (and his body so weak) that his soul started to rip from his conscious body (which isn't good), and Harry's body went into shock and Remus  was frantic not knowing what was going on, but it was all over quite quickly.   In the drawing room at the end of this chapter was really the first time Remus (in human form) was both relaxed and in the presence of Harry's corporeal spirit, so he didn't really know what (if anything) he was feeling.

Thanks kindly for your feedback :).

Lady A

Fate posted a comment on Saturday 5th July 2008 5:44pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

Excellent chapter!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks very much!

Lady A

PadyandMoony posted a comment on Saturday 5th July 2008 1:22pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

Aww, Harry didn't get to be embarrassed by their snogging.
As usual, good work. This flows well, even if you did take the snogging and the talk about James work out. Though I think this works better.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Yes, Harry did escape that anguish --  LoL   I'm gratified you feel the flow is working better.   Thanks kindly for your feedback.

Lady Alchymia

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Saturday 5th July 2008 12:07pm for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

Sweet moment again with Harry and Mooney, and can't wait to see what all goes down that different than before. Sweet part with Lizzie, and she just works out so nicely.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks very much indeed!

Lady Alchymia

Prongs1977 posted a comment on Saturday 5th July 2008 11:07am for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

You evil writer, a cliffie like that, but I have to ask, is Remus the 'hooded monk', or does that refer to Monkshood?

Lady Alchymia replied:

You'll find out soon :).

Lady A

Carol Layland posted a comment on Saturday 5th July 2008 7:18am for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

Another very good chapter here. Yes I know that I had to fix my profile to get the note that anew chapter is posted. I did that but at the same time I believe that courtesy should allow the author to know that a reader has read and so much appriciated the work that they want to be notified that the story has been added to. Hence I very politely ask the author to let me know of the next posting even though I know that it is the computer doing the actual work. Now back to the story. I think that Harry has a point about his being the son that would be killed in the prophecy. I do enjoy the work the Authors here on this site do as it seems much more sophisticated that a lot of other fanfiction sites.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks kindly, Carol!

Lady A

beauty0102 posted a comment on Saturday 5th July 2008 12:05am for Chapter 26 — Guardian Demons

yeah great chapter can't wait for more so please update again and soon.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you kindly :).

Lady A