Content Harry Potter

Reviews

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 18th February 2009 7:01am

Good chapter, bit of a bummer at the end.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks (it really was!)

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2009 3:31pm

Outstanding chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you very much!

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2009 12:57pm

Good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks kindly :)

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2009 11:49am

Good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks kindly :)

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2009 10:20am

Good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks, Gunny.

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2009 9:15am

Good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you.

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2009 6:30am

Very good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks kindly :)

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 16th February 2009 3:47pm

Very good chapter, love it when Harry has fun.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

I like him having fun too :).

Thanks very much,

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 16th February 2009 2:58pm

Good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you :).

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 16th February 2009 1:09pm

Good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks very much.

Lady A

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 16th February 2009 10:17am

Good chapter.

gunny

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks kindly.

Lady A

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 15th February 2009 11:40pm

Boy, these poor dears can't read a prophesy any better than Bumbles. Idiots.
Remember the first rule of prophesies: Don't pay any attention to them.

Lady Alchymia replied:

It's true that knowing the future tends to mess things up.

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 15th February 2009 11:11pm

I know it is just me, since everyone loves Sinatra, but he always sounded slightly out of tune and not very interested in the whole thing. Dean Martin, Perry Como, Bing Crosby, and others were so much better to me. I just never GOT Sinatra. I also REALLY never GOT Celine Deion (a voice that truly hurts the ear).
Most people can sing (not me) but there are an infinitesimal number who can really sing well--and most of them are dead

Lady Alchymia replied:

*shrugs* I like Sinatra.

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 15th February 2009 10:32pm

Harry seems to have many girls interested and he seems denser than lead. So far, he has spent most of his time injured due to Snape with the hormones of an eighty year old castrated man. Do you know what being alone with Nat should be doing to him? So far, Harry has seen that love is really screwed up and people in love do the dumbest things with and to each other. The best he has is the Weasleys and they are a pretty sorry excuse for a married couple--a shrew/banshee and a hen-pecked husband of major proportions. Maybe he should get to know more of his friend's families, unless they are all escapees from a soap opera also.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Any ideas  Harry might have had about  Natalie were squashed by her disinterest in him, I'm afraid.  

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 15th February 2009 6:57pm

Oh good, I skipped past all the mercurial water stuff but do we still have Cho around? Did Harry get his snake? Where is Susan? I liked him and Susan playing piano before. I liked Harry having a talent.
Why hasn't anyone brought him his guitar or anything? Still seeing selfish people more worried about being seen right than really helping Harry, but that's me. It is so good that they are thinking about maybe having an inquisition into Harry's security measures that keep nearly killing him. Wouldn't want any one to respond too fast or anything. After all, it is just Harry...

Lady Alchymia replied:

As at the end of this chapter: Cho is still around; Harry's snake is staying at Susan's home; Harry's regrown fingertips aren't up to playing guitar strings just yet.

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 14th February 2009 11:19pm

Oh no, this isn't the story where we have to put up with <spoiler removed>. i hope that isn't this story, but that fish on the shower wall is too much...
It was a great story, as far as I got, I just get really tired really fast of Angst!Harry and <spoiler removed> Oops, just an innocent mistake, could happen to any greasy git who hates Harry and enjoys pushing him down stairs.
I see Snape hasn't paid for that little episode yet, either.
Your stories are still much better than those lame excuses JKR came out with.

Lady Alchymia replied:

I'm afraid it is that story.   Best to escape now.

Regards,

Lady Alchymia

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 14th February 2009 10:54pm

Rather see Harry's version of Fleur. Does he do full body or just head/bust poses? Seems like his subconscious could get him into trouble or some real pleasure...
Attack of the underwear. What a perfect way to keep all men out of the area.
The best looking bra I ever saw was laying on the floor...

Lady Alchymia replied:

Harry was doing head shots.   Fleur didn't stay over, so Harry didn't need to do a drawing of her.   Harry's subconscious, and  tapping into it through Charmed Charcoals,  is something to watch for, but he can only draw what his mind can imagine.

Regards,

Lady Alchymia

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 14th February 2009 10:27pm

As I remember from an earlier story, Remus <spoiler removed> Of course, if I am right, that is all I can remember right now.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Not quite, but something like that.

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 14th February 2009 2:25pm

OK:
No guy fixes quiche unless he is funny or his is doing it for his girlfriend/wife. Quiche? Gaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Has Anyone now or ever going to have a "talk" to Snape about touching Harry? Does Snape always get away with everything? Does anyone think that MAYBE Poppy should look at Harry? Everyone wants to "protect" him but no one wants to take care of him...not even Remus.
Personally, I would have been out of the place and all over Snivelus before Harry had a chance to fly away.
Am I the only human being who wants to protect others and would not put up with an adult pushing a child anywhere, much less on the stairs? Am I the only person who thinks it is WRONG to kidnap a baby and then leave the baby on a doorstep in the middle of the night in November? Apparently, I am the only person who has read book 1 and was appalled from the very beginning with Bumbles. I am also the only person who seemed to be totally appalled at Snape being in a school and being protected by Bumbles and appalled that Bumbles would Never protect Harry from Snape. The only protection Bumbles ever did was to protect him from having a good life. Yet, I get in arguments all the time about how Snape was simply teaching a class where no one should fool around so he had to be tough and Bumbles was obviously very wise since Harry did survive being at the Dursleys. Do any of these people have children? Can any of them separate the way they seem to accept people being treated in the fantasy universe from how they would expect real people to treat others and see how wrong they are for accepting cruel abuse in the fantasy world?
I mean, if the Potterverso was in the 1100s, maybe some of the abuse would be understandable for the day, but not in any world of the 1990s.
Sorry, but I would like to see more stories where Snape and Bumbles have to face the consequences of their actions. In canon, only Harry ever seemed to face the consequences of his actions. In fact, he was often the only one to face the consequences of other's actions.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Quiche is just quiche; it was the next recipe in the cook book he found in the basement, and he had all the ingredients he needed to make.   Simple decision.

Should Poppy look at Harry?   I agree it would probably be a good idea, but Mad-Eye (an experienced war-veteran) assessed Harry's injuries and decided not.   At that stage, Remus didn't even know Harry was injured.   Next morning, he too, examined Harry's injuries and decided that they were what they were, bumps and bruises.   If you got a black eye, would you want to be taken to the doctor?   (I would probably take him, but I'm a an old fusspot.)

Is anyone going to talk to Snape about Harry.   Why, yes, they are, now that you ask!   But when Harry told Remus about his fall, he made it clear it was an accident, so why would *Remus* go and confront Snape?   Accidents happen.   Snape can be rightly pinned down for carelessness but he didn't intend for Harry to fall down the stairs.

I guess it comes down to the basics of  literary conflict and a hero's journey.   Would we feel anywhere near the same empathy for Harry if the Dursleys treated him well?   Would we have anything to fear for him if all the supposedly good characters revolving around him did everything in the most perfect and 'keeping-Harry-protected' kind of way?   Without all these 'good' characters to chastise for all the things they 'should have done' (or not done), then we are left only with Harry and a bunch of bad guys, which (in my opinion) isn't nearly so interesting to read about.

But I can understand the desire to make the good characters 'pay' for their choices.   I feel that too!

Kind regards,

Lady Alchymia

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 14th February 2009 1:50pm

Harry is just a needy little thing--to belong to someone? Now there is an independent streak that will take him far. guys just don't hug guys...I mean Remus and Bumbles have always been a little funny, but not Harry.
Does anyone really see Harry as a human being? I mean, pack him in bubble wrap and stick him in the attic. What an oppressive life his "friends" allow him (and I mean in terms of canon, this story, and almost all fanfic). The lad should be a basket case with the way everyone treats him. The princes have a lot more of a life than Harry. I can not think of anyone in canon who, in terms of Harry, is not either a child abuser or approves of the abuse.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Is Harry too needy?   I  think it's normal for  an  orphan to want someone, a person, a family,  they can call their own.   For Harry, he found that in Ron and Hermione, making him more needful of their friendship than they of him.   As for man-hugs: Harry (in canon) gave Ron a huge hug in Deathly Hallows after thinking he'd lost his friendship.   In my experience, men are more than happy to hug other men when there is a  solid excuse  (funerals and sporting victories mostly).

Does anyone  see Harry as a human being?   I think so.   The belief that Harry should be a basket case because of the way his  life has panned out is profoundly defeatist.   The fact that Harry isn't a basket case, that he does survive and does apply good humour and does recognise what is fair and unfair in his life is quite healthy.   But that doesn't mean he won't have  periods when everything becomes too overwhelming, and so he will wallow for a while.   What I like in Rowling's  Harry is that he doesn't pretend he's not upset; he rants and gets depressed, but then he shakes himself out of it.   I have no desire to paint him otherwise.    I believe that portraying him standing up in a room of his friends, protectors, teachers, neighbours, and family, and laying a long  speech on them about how useless they all, systematically listing years old 'woe-is-me' grievances, would be completely contrary to both his character and  his nationality.

Unhappy stuff happens and you suck it up.   I don't get why that isn't valued.   Child abuse, certainly, should be exposed and answerable.   But disinterest, lack of affection, contempt,  hand-me-downs, unfairness ... these are not child abuse, they are just sad.   And I think plenty of canon characters who consider themselves friends of Harry do genuinely feel sad for him.   Should they feel more--act more?   Perhaps, but would Harry want their pity?   I think not.   I think he'd relish a situation in which someone (like Lupin, or Tonks, or the Weasleys etc) wanted to 'take him in' because they really wanted him to be part of their family.   And this is what is happening with Harry in this summer story.   The story tracks what happens when Harry *does* get what he wants.   And he finds that all is not smooth sailing.