Content Harry Potter

Reviews

HGRHfan35 posted a comment on Monday 26th January 2009 4:13am

Another author-friend of mine told me that 'Awakenings' was one of her favourites and the last few days I've been reading and reading (even in bed) and I loved it.
This first chapter is really promising and I love it. The subtle humour that you use just does it for me.
In your former story you mentioned that Harry saw himself with a redhead instead of Cho and that does give me hope.:D It could be Susan or it could be Ginny (my favourite) but I'll love it none the less.
Good luck on your new 'adventure' in writing this story. Looking forward to it. Thanks in advance. C

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi there,

I love the idea of being read in bed :).   I'm so glad you enjoyed Awakenings.   I appreciate your good wishes!

Thanks kindly!

Lady Alchymia

Jimbocous posted a comment on Sunday 25th January 2009 4:33pm

Welcome back with the sequel. Great opening chapter, had me laughing out loud through most of it. Simply great! Thanks!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you very much!!   It's really gratifying to make people laugh intentionally :).

All the best!

Lady A

Sara posted a comment on Sunday 25th January 2009 4:04pm

OH how long we have waited!!! I've missed this story so much and the changes to this part i'm sure will make it as brilliant as the first.
I'm glad you didn't cut very much from this, how harry dealt with the first years is so much fun!!!
I'm glad you're writing again, keep up the good work!!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi Sara,

It's so nice to hear that,, thank you very much indeed!   I'm looking forward to writing the rest of it too.

Cheers!

Lady A

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 25th January 2009 2:00pm

I'd forgotten that scene in the cavern; excellent chapter!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks very much indeed!

Lady Alchymia

martha harris posted a comment on Sunday 25th January 2009 12:43pm

I'm glad you started this again. I liked the first years part before, especially accio smarmy git, LOL. Can't wait to see the sorting and what changes you made for v 2. Will we get to see Remus and Elizabeth in later chapters?

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi Martha,

Thanks so much for your feedback.   The smarmy-git bit certainly gave the kids a taste of Gryffindor testiness.   Remus and Elizabeth will definitely be appearing in later chapters.   Naturally, they take a back seat in terms of chapter time now that Harry is in school, but Harry will still be  corresponding with them quite a bit.

I'm glad you're looking forward to more of the story, thanks!

Lady Alchymia

Leanne posted a comment on Sunday 25th January 2009 6:37am

Loved your new story & can't wait for the next chapter. The best bit was that everything Harry said came through the floor to everyone in the great hall. Hope he makes a difference to the children's prejudices.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi Leanne,

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!   Thank you very much.   It was certainly a lot of fun writing that scene knowing everyone would hear him.   I think you'll be pleased with the effect it has on the kids :).

Kind regards,

Lady Alchymia

ladysavay posted a comment on Sunday 25th January 2009 2:48am

Brilliant! Hilarious! Splendid!

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks so much!   Glad you enjoyed it :).

Lady A

Anthony May posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 10:28pm

I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to finally see you have updated. I miss this story and I missed you. Please keep up the great work

Lady Alchymia replied:

*blushing*   Thanks so much for your generous sentiments--just lovely!

Lady A

timmerator posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 8:00pm

Smashing... I've read this somewhere else I just can't remember where... anyway, good story. I almost busted a vein laughing over asking Snape about what being gay was about, priceless!

Thanks for sharing

Tim

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi Tim,

Thanks kindly for your compliments :).   You may indeed have read this chapter before--or one much like it.   I'd previously posted the first month or so of this  school-year story but then took it down to work on it (which was an embarassingly long time ago).   In truth I did nothing on it for  several years, but I'm back into it now.

I'm so pleased you almost experienced a  life-threatening medical emergency when reading about Snape :).   I do love letting  Harry be a smart-arse sometimes.

Cheers!

Lady Alchymia

The Midnight Poster posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 3:17pm

So glad to see this story started again. This first chapter has always been my favorite in the Emerald Tablet saga.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Aww, thank you very much!   I'm very fond of the wee first years myself.

Cheers!

Lady Alchymia

dianaflyer posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 11:51am

brilliant to have back old friends from a story thought forgotten. look forward to many many many more chapters in the upcoming hours? okay days? i'll settle for week? nothing like patience to kill a person :)

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi there,

'Old friends' is such a nice way to put it, thank you!   I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

Kindly,

Lady A

beauty01021 posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 9:47am

yeah great chapter can't wait for more so plse update again and soon.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks very much.

Lady A

Lon Huey posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 9:35am

Glad you're back. Nice to see the story again.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thanks kindly!!

Lady Alchymia

Carol Layland posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 8:14am

Hello Lady Alchemia, I have been waiting for a long time for you to post and I am most pleased with this chapter. As usual with the authors on this site reading what you post is fun and the stories are almost professional in construction and development. I am looking forward to you next posting very much. I very much appreciated the first book of this story that you posted.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hello Carol,

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter.   Thank you  very much for your generous words!

Best regards,

Lady A

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 4:48am

Glad to see you back here, and loving this start again, and thinking of how things went with everyone hearing Harry just rocks indeed, especially Snape and his explosion that will come at one point or another, LOL.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Hi there,

Thank you very much!   I'm delighted you liked it.   It is a wee bit of  fun thinking of how Harry's words might have been received in the Great Hall :).

Cheers!

Lady A

Tumshie posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 3:51am

Good to see you back with a continuation of your story. A really good start to the next part, I look forward to the Sorting and the fallout from Harry's pep-talk to the firsties.

Lady Alchymia replied:

Thank you kindly!   I'm glad   you enjoyed it :).   (The title of the next chapter is 'Payback'.)

Cheers!

Lady Alchymia

Ladegard posted a comment on Saturday 24th January 2009 2:50am

It's glorious to see you back. My memory is a little spotty, though, I can't tell if you changed much in this chapter.

Lady Alchymia replied:

What a lovely thing to say!   Thank you :).

Your memory is perfect, by the way; there weren't a lot of changes in this chapter.   I think I cut about 1500 words, but the  material that remained wasn't hugely altered--I had way too much fun with the first years.   You'll find there are more significant edits in the coming chapters.   Without spoilering too much, you'll find most  things are still there but not necessarily in the same order, so if something feels missing, give it a few chapters (it might just turn up a bit later on).   Having said that, there is one big thing that is being significantly shifted on the timeline, and you should be able to spot the difference fairly easily when it comes up.

Cheers!

Lady Alchymia